Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tuesday Sept. 2, 2014- FIRST DAY of the 2014, 2015 SCHOOL YEAR!

First day of school and this is the only picture I remembered to take!  4:00 pm, half the buses have left and I realized we have not taken any pictures yet!  It was a busy day for sure.


First off, I have to say this is a year I am beyond excited for.  When I first graduated from Penn State over 4 years ago, I was hired for a half year in Trumbauersville to be a long term substitute in 1st grade.  The next year I was hired for a full year as a 5th grade teacher.  At that moment, I thought to myself, "how cool would it be if I got to teach my first class ever again as fifth graders."  Through transfers to Richland Elementary and back to T'ville, my wish came true; I have my first group of students again!

Today started with handshakes and bus route check ins.  We swiftly moved into a meeting with Mr. Moczydlowski and Ms. Gordon, our new guidance counselor, that set the tone for a big fifth grade year.  After, I shared information about myself and who I am with our new community of learners so they could better understand where I come from as a person.  Next we discussed classroom routines, signals, signing out of the room, morning meeting, and most importantly CHARACTER BUILDING!

Art, recess, and lunch followed.  Luckily, it was Cooper's birthday and we were able to have our first and last sweet treat of the year.  More information will be coming out about this in upcoming weeks, but parents please do not send in sweet treats for birthdays.  We will only be accepting healthy snacks for birthdays (this rule is being set in place by the Quakertown Community School District, not just Trumbauersville).  Sweets or unhealthy treats will be sent back home.  Sorry!

In the afternoon we unpacked our back packs, organized our desks, labeled our folders, toured the room and all its resources, and finally got down to some fun social intelligence building with a game of 2 truths and a lie.  We will continue tomorrow since we did not get to everyone!

It was truly a great first day of school, and I mentioned to a few other teachers that it may have been the smoothest and best I have ever experienced.  This class has potential to be the best and I have a prediction that they will do it.  Keep it up C6.

Here were today's targets:



Tonight's Homework
- Read 30 min
- Big Day! completed (blue)
- Google Apps signed and returned
- Yellow T'ville expectations signed and returned
- Summer reading book logs and organizers handed in by Friday


No comments:

Post a Comment