Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thursday April 3, 2014

SUPER DUPER HAPPY!  We finished the Reading/Writing PSSA!!!

I am very proud with everything that I observed this year during PSSA.  Students showed perseverance and grit the entire time.  I told the class that they were my most prepared class yet, so lets hope that comes out in the results!  Great work ladies and gents.  Writing PSSA continues next week from Monday until Wednesday.

After PSSA today, we jumped back into food chemistry/nutrition.  Students analyzed what they ate on a daily basis, we examined the food pyramid (which I still do not totally agree with the updated version), and we began logging our daily food intake.  Hopefully as students continue to track what they eat, they will decide to make some healthier choices.  Three years ago, tracking what I ate made a HUGE difference in my physical and mental health.

Post food chem, students got back into reading groups and continued tracking facts and opinions in the story Can't You Make Them Behave King George.  Students had the opportunity to see more causes of the American Revolution through a different point of view other than the Patriots/Colonists.

Students already know this, but I will not be in school tomorrow.  Our class will be working on reading about starches in food chemistry, continuing drafting narratives in writing, finishing King George, and a fun post-PSSA activity in the afternoon for all their hard work. 



** REMEMBER- Get a great night sleep on Sunday (I know!  Its Wrestlemania, its going to be hard!) writing PSSA start on Monday! **


No comments:

Post a Comment